Why Become an OCSA Member?
OCSA was formed in 1992, when three legacy home and community support organizations realized that they would have a greater impact and speak with a more powerful voice if they worked together. Today, our pool of members has grown to over 300 not-for-profit organizations of all sizes, providing a wide variety of health and wellness services.
Full OCSA membership includes the following benefits:
- Representation. OCSA is the go-to source for information about the home and community support sector in Ontario. Our staff, board and members represent the sector at provincial advisory tables and working groups.
- Advocacy. On behalf of our members, OCSA champions a sustainable sector to government, media and other stakeholders. We advocate for increased investment in the sector, and influence and provide comment on a variety of legislative, policy and research issues affecting a full range of clients, including seniors and people with disabilities.
- Communication. OCSA receives regular updates on developments in the sector from the provincial government and other stakeholders, and delivers this vital information to our membership and the sector.
- Training and Resources. We provide a wide variety of free or discounted resources and training opportunities. Our training division, Capacity Builders, has provided affordable training and management support to a wide-range of not-for-profit community organizations since 2001.
- Knowledge Exchange. The home and community support sector is diverse, and spread across the province. We help service providers connect and learn from one another via our communications networks, annual conference, and provincial program committees.
- Group Benefits & Perks. OCSA members receive access to a variety of benefits and preferred rates through our partners, including:
- OASSIS Employee Benefit Plans, providing affordable, comprehensive employee benefit plans for not-for-profit organizations of all sizes, full time, part time, and contract employees.
- Competitively priced group commercial liability, property and Directors and Officers insurance, from our partner JLT.
- Specialized rates on auto, home and travel insurance for member staff and volunteers, through our partnership with Johnson.
- Exclusive discounts on various products and services from Perkopolis.
- And much more!